Saturday 1 March 2008

Vincent Van Gogh Blue Plaque


This was one of the most surprising blue plaques I've come across so far. It turns out that when Van Gogh was a young man he lived in Stockwell, south London, for over a year from 1873 onwards. The story has it that he actually fell in love with the landladys daughter but those feelings were not returned. A classic emotial artist in every way.

I wish I had seen this piece of his work from the period before i took the shot of the house as I think it would make for a much more interesting picture, being able to compare the old with the new.

3 comments:

Julian said...

There was a play called "Vincent in London", based on that time, in the West End a couple of years ago.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing this sites!


brass plaques engraved
engraved plaques

Craft Well Man said...

I am so glad to see this post.
Brass Plaques
House Signs And Plaques